Tuesday 8 March 2016

Middle Leaders Programme

The first day of the 2016 Middle Leaders Programme started today. It felt strange to be in a coaching rather than facilitating role. I felt proud of the job that the team did today and had a sense of what it must feel like for Leaders who have to let go of the hold and control that they have of something that they are used to being in control of.  I felt pleased that my own St Francis team was present today. I hope that this training will have the same effect on them that it had on me five years ago. I remember feeling an aha moment back then when I realised that I could raise student outcomes by raising the quality of my own leadership. By having professional conversations as an explicit and intentional part of my team's interactions, by using data, research and collective wisdom, I could lift the quality of our collective practice.  Professional dialogue has become a highly valued and integral part of my life.  I love how professional dialogue enthuses and motivates me. I love the buzz of bouncing ideas around and the expansion that this creates in my brain.

1 comment:

  1. It was great to come to the middle leaders course this morning and see something you have talked about so often in action. I can feel your enthusiasm, and how motivated you are. I know this is going to be such a great advantage as we move forward with our middle leaders. I also heard the challenge today of being able to sustain this in our schools and feel lucky to have you on our team - definite advantage for us.

    ReplyDelete